Easter Egg Mousse
Easter Sunday is almost here which means one thing, we are about to be overflowing with chocolate! This time of year can really test our will power, with temptation coming at us left right and centre, all in Easter Egg form. When you have a target you want to achieve this can be a big dilemma.
It doesn’t have to spell a break from your goals though.
This tempting delight is around 600 calories (depending on quantities and products used) for the WHOLE THING! We tried to demolish this within our office and it took 3 of us to get though most of it, so sharing is advised!
if you would like to recreate this treat follow the recipe below:
– 1 dark chocolate egg 200g (400 kcal – gluten free and vegan friendly)
– Greek or Skyr yoghurt 200g (63 kcal )*
– Honey 1tsp (23 kcal)
– Milk 2 tsp (18 kcal) *
– Fresh fruit ( 33 kcal)
*vegan alternative of these ingredients can be used.
- separate halves of Easter egg and set one aside for later. With the other half break into pieces and place into microwave safe bowl.
- Melt chocolate in microwave at 30s intervals and stir in-between.
- Once chocolate is all melted add in milk and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl add in yoghurt and honey. Add the chocolate mixture into the yoghurt in 3 intervals mixing thoroughly between.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours put mixture into the other half of the Easter egg, top with fruit (or any other toppings) and serve
We would love to see how you have adapted the recipe. Do not forget to tag us in your creations on facebook, twitter and instagram !
Latest posts by Katie Bowden (see all)
- Fathers Day Gift Guide – Health and Fitness - June 12, 2019
- Women’s Football – How the World Cup can help the gender gap in sports. - June 7, 2019
- Bodypower Expo 2019 - May 22, 2019