Is CrossFit An Option That Could Actually Benefit You
Whether you have just begun your fitness journey, or you have been training in the gym for a few years, one topic splits opinion more than most CrossFit.
I understand, a few of you will instantly think of some of the negativity surrounding CrossFit and some will not think to do it at all. However, it is 2019 and it is a large growing way to train so why not give it a go. This blog will provide a short and sweet explanation of what CrossFit is and how it can benefit you.
What is CrossFit?
CrossFit allows you to start at any level of fitness. Within a group setting, observed by a coach, you are endlessly learning and improving.
In a nutshell, CrossFit allows you to combine the following exercise styles:
Instead of sticking to one aspect, you are covering the majority of them. For example, with a bodybuilding workout set you normally have a rep range of 18 – 12, however with CrossFit, you can be doing AMRAP (as many reps of possible) to push your muscular endurance. With CrossFit you could say you are the ‘jack of all trades’ with the amount of versatile training you are doing. With CrossFit, you can only perform this at a certified CrossFit gym making the environment around you unique and has a wider open space compared to its commercial gym goers.
Types of workouts
What is really good with these workouts is you are not doing them on your own unless you have the physical capabilities to. A WOD (workout of the day) is the foundation of most sessions you would find at a box (another word for gym).
Lets break it down into six parts.
- AMRAP – Different to as many reps as possible (mentioned earlier), instead it is as many rounds as possible with a combination of exercises i.e. 10 minutes of 10 press ups and 10 squats.
- RFT – Known as “Rounds for time” you will have a circuit which will need to be made as fast as possible.
- Ladder – Movements which either increase or decrease the reps over time.
- Tabata – A high intensity workout which consist of 20 seconds with full effort followed by 10 seconds rest and repeat.
- Chipper – A high-volume, one round set of exercises to be completed in the fastest time possible.
- EMOM – “every minute on the minute”, workout pushes your recovery phases as you will have a minute to complete the exercise.
Types Of Equipment Required
With regards to the equipment you require, everything you need is also suitable for home use.
The list of equipment can be found on our website:
Sonic Air Bike
With any type of new regime, instead of just trying to decipher the endless information available, experience the activity. CrossFit may be something you can enjoy.
Found our equipment here:
Latest posts by Rob Roye (see all)
- Do You Take Time To Recover? - July 10, 2019
- Is CrossFit An Option That Could Actually Benefit You - July 3, 2019
- Losing Weight Vs Losing Body Fat. - March 28, 2019