Ab Roll Your Way To A Six Pack…
It’s the must have accessory for every fitness fanatic. In an age where aesthetics are everything and looking good is essential whist working out, there’s only one thing that everybody wants. No, I’m not talking about the FitBit, Nike Fuel Band or iWatch. I am of course, talking about the six pack.
Obtaining a six-pack is a huge reason why a lot of people start their fitness journey. They see their favourite Hollywood actors or sports stars on the T.V and think “That’s something to aim for”. So how do you go about getting as shredded as Chris Hemsworth or as toned as Jessica Alba? We look into the world of six-packs and all of the hype that surrounds them.
So delving into the world of fitness by reading relative Twitters, Blogs, Magazines or sides of buses then you’re more than likely to notice the term, “Abs are made in the kitchen”. It’s not just a trendy saying that fitness bloggers love to post all over their websites. It has genuine substance behind it. Tyson Brown of www.diamanuel.com says, “Whether you have a six-pack or not comes down to how much body fat you have. Depending on your body fat percentage you may not be able to see your abs. It’s as plain and simple as that. If you’ve got a bit of a flabby stomach and you think it’s because you’re not doing enough ab work, think again”.
The idea is that you can spend all day every day performing ab exercises, but you won’t see the results if you’re carrying excess body fat. If you have a body fat percentage of 15% and up, then you’ll struggle to see any six-pack action going on in your mid-riff area.
So you’re cutting down on your carbs, you’re seriously watching what you eat and you you’ve decided that sit ups aren’t the be all and end all of great abs. So what else is there? The world of fitness is constantly evolving and coming up with new ways to shape your body. Currently on the market is the Ab Wheel. So what do you do with this device that resembles a hamster’s unicycle? It is in fact, one the best and most inexpensive pieces of home fitness equipment going. It will not only work your core but will also work secondary muscles such as shoulders, hamstrings, arms and chest.
Every fitness fanatic will tell you how imperative it to build a strong core as the foundation to any body transformation. Using an Ab Roller will assist in this and strengthen all of the key muscles centred in the core of your body. The six pack you’ll be wanting to show off everyone won’t be that far away with this handy piece of apparatus. Don’t take it lightly though, the ab roller isn’t a fitness gimmick. It makes you work for the toned and shaped core that you crave.
I took the JLL Dual Ab Roller for a spin to test the product, and the workout. This is also a great format to follow if you are a beginner like me with the ab roller.
- Step 1: The JLL Dual Action Ab Roller is great because it comes with a small mat for kneeling on while using the ab roller. This took pressure off my knees and meant the workout wasn’t uncomfortable in a way that it wasn’t meant to be. So I laid out my mat and positioned myself in a kneeling position to begin.
- Step 2: From here I extended my arms out but not in a fully straight fashion as many workout guides advise against it for beginners.
- Step 3: As I wasn’t quite straight, I was able to pull myself back up to my starting position with effort, but not too much effort. If you’re feeling like you can do this quite easily, then extend your arms more as you roll out so you can really work your abs.
- Do this 10 times for 1 set and then repeat for 3 sets with 60 seconds rest in between. The more advanced you get, then you can increase the reps and reduce the time in between until you can get to 30 seconds.
That’s all there is to it! Afterwards I felt like my core had really gone through an intense workout. Depending on how much you want to work on your core and how strong you feel your back and legs are then I’d advise that you do this no more than a few times a week. Also remember to stretch out after you’ve done the workout as it’ll help with recovery to a body part that doesn’t normally undergo such an intense workout.
Overall, the Ab Roller is a great and cost effective addition to your workout collection. It’s easy to store and will really work your core to the maximum. However, remember that a healthy diet needs to be followed when using this equipment so you can really see the results. Otherwise the ‘spare tyre’ will cover up your six pack and you won’t see results. Usual cardio also needs to be implemented to burn the fat on the rest of your body. Purchase your own Dual Ab Roller by clicking here! Or you can grab one from our Amazon or eBay stores.
Latest posts by Luke Pollard (see all)
- Improve Your Running By Hitting The Gym - June 21, 2018
- Why You Should Track Your Heart Rate - May 9, 2018
- Why Is The Barbell Set Our New Favourite Fitness Equipment? - April 11, 2018